This is one of our favorite starters. A blend of Indian and Chinese spices & sauces makes this dish even more tastier.
This is one of our favorite starters. A blend of Indian and Chinese spices sauces makes this dish even more tastier.
How to chop baby corn:
I got a fresh pack of medium sized baby corns. They were not very hard. I had cut them lengthwise and then chopped into half.Boiled water with a pinch of salt and added these chopped babycorns. Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Drain water completely and place the babycorns on a tissue paper. This will ensure that there is not much moisture.
Ingredients for batter :
- Maida – 3 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying.
Ingredients for Sauce :
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum (red/yellow/green) – 1
- Chopped garlic – 3 tbsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 1
- Maggi Chili Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped spring onion and coriander leaves.
Method of preparation :
- Heat oil in a kadai and dip babycorn pieces in maida batter
- Deep fry them in oil until golden brown
- Drain excess oil using a tissue paper
- In the meantime heat oil in another non-stick pan and add green chilli,chopped garlic,ginger. Start sauteing
- Add onion, capsicum pieces and sprinkle some salt
- Now in this pan mix the fried babycorns
- Start adding soy sauce and maggi sauce one by one
- Mix it nicely so that the babycorns are coated completely in sauces
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander leaves
- Yummy starter is ready to be served with fried rice or any roti/paratha