I am huge fan of Big Nachos from Cream Center (Alwarpet). I got a readymade pack of Nachos chips and prepared the cheese sauce and tomato salsa. I used Go Cheese processed cubes for making the sauce. My version is less complicated and I did with the available ingredients at my home. You can definitely add your choice of ingredients to enhance the taste.
Ingredients for Sauce :
- Grated Cheese – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tbsp.
Ingredients for Salsa :
- Tomato – 4
- Onion – 1
- Green Capsicum – 1
- Sugar – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes/Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
- Dried Oregano Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil/Vegetable Oil – 1/2 tbsp.
Method of Preparation :
- I just baked Nachos chips in oven for about 3 minutes to get that extra crispiness
- Heat a frying pan and add grated cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt add milk and keep on stirring gently.
- Ensure no lumps are formed.
- With in 4-5 minutes you will get a creamy cheese sauce of pouring consistency.
- Remove from heat and season it with pepper powder. Keep it aside.
- Blanch tomatoes in water for about 5 minutes
- Chop onions, capsicum and blanched tomatoes finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and first add onions.
- Sauté it for a minute and then add capsicums, tomatoes.
- Add chill flakes or chilli powder, salt and sugar.Let the whole mixture boil for about 5-7 minutes.
- Do not add water. Sprinkle oregano leaves and give it a mix.
- Once the salsa is cooled down add lime juice.
- You can serve salsa as a hot accompaniment or refrigerate it and can serve them too.
Assembling Nachos :
Spread Nachos on a plate.
Pour cheese evenly so that chips get coated with sauce.
Top it off with Salsa and enjoy your Nachos :-D.