We used to eat often in this Italian place called Pasta Remoli in London. I love loveee their Pesto Pastas. This below recipe is inspired from them. Whenever I get hold of fresh Basil leaves I try and make this Pasta at home. Little A loves it too and would finish off her meal without much fuss.
I have used Cashewnuts in my recipe. You can subsitute with Pinenuts or Almonds or can even use a combination of different nuts. Same goes with Cheese too. I have used a combination of mild while Cheddar and Mozzarella. You can replace them with the cheese of your choice. The following measurement serves two.
Pasta Cooking Instructions :
- Boil water in a wide vessel along with a pinch of salt and oil
- Once it comes to rolling boil add 2 cups of Pasta
- After 12-15 minutes check if the pasta is cooked
- If yes then drain water and wash it in cold water to prevent mushy pasta
- Alternatively you can pressure cook pasta too (3:1 Water:Pasta ratio) It saves time.
- Let it cool down and you can carry on with your sauce preparation