Soup bowls are comforting and personally for me Hot and Sour soup reminds of the times I spent in Banglore. There used to a Restaurant called Asiana in CMH road (not sure if its still there) and during colder evening me and my PG mates used to have this soup together. Their Indo Chinese mini platter was so popular too. Rice, Manchurian and then for dessert they used to serve delicious Caramel Custard. When I prepared this Hot and Sour soup yesterday it brought back so many beautiful memories.
I had late lunch and wanted to make something simple for dinner for myself. Little A and S had Roti and Masoor Dal.This soup took exactly 10 minutes and the taste was amazing too. Also this is the first time I tried Paneer in a soup. I didn’t have Tofu and hence added Paneer at the last moment with severe doubts. But glad it blended well with the Hot and Sour soup.
My Day 13 Dinner Bowl : Hot and Sour Soup with Paneer
Steps to prepare Hot & Sour Soup without an Instant Pot.
- Saute the vegetables in Sesame oil for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1 cup of water, salt and let the vegetables get 3/4 th cooked. It might take approximately 5-6 minutes
- Add Soy sauce, Vinegar, Pepper Powder and Chilli Flakes. I don’t have any Hot Sauce at home. Optionally if you want the soup to be really hot you can add Sriracha or any other spicy sauce
- Add corn starch or nutritional yeast to slightly thicken the soup. Once the desired consistency is achieved turn off the stove
- In a Pan, toast Paneer pieces and then a tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Add toasted Paneer and Sesame Seeds to the soup. Mix them together with the soup. Adjust salt and garnish the soup with fresh spring onions and coriander leaves