I don’t remember how & when I started eating paneer but this has been my most favorite ingredient to cook with. There are so many variations you could make & honestly if you dont have time to cook elaborately, just toss the paneer cubes in butter until golden brown and that tastes great too without adding sauce or spice. Luckily Mr.S is also a paneer addict just like me & have been including it in our weekly menu atleast once or twice.
Paneer Jalfrezi is probably one of the easiest way to cook cottage cheese but tastes absolutely delicious. It is similar to the regular stir fry of veggies however adding paneer elevates it to another level. Perfect side dish to Rice & Roti.
My Notes :
Though the recipe sounds simple there are few tips you could follow to achieve restaurant quality
1. Cook the recipe on a wok instead of a flat frying pan
2. Vegetables should be roasted well for 5 minutes
3. Cook in a medium high flame to give that smokey flavour to the dish
4. All you need is less than half cup of water while preparing this dish.. Adding too much of water will reduce the taste
5. Chop the veggies lengthwise
6. I would suggest you use kashmiri red chilli powder to get the lovely reddish colour for the dish
The following measurement serves two people. Adjust spices according to your taste buds