I love making one pot dishes. Before buying Instant Pot I used to make such quick meals in Pressure Cooker.. Last week I made this combo for lunch and it turned out delicious. I only had Mushrooms,Onion and Tomatoes in stock and instead of making the usual mushroom rice + raita combo I prepared this Makhani Pulao with Mushroom Pakoda. You can check the recipe of Pakoda here.
When there is gravy leftover from a takeaway be it Paneer Butter Masala or Channa Masala or even kofta I love adding plain Rice to it and lick the box clean 😋 Recipe inspiration is from that blissful moments 🤪😬 When you don’t have a variety of veggies you can prepare this Pulao.
This is the first time I tried cooking Sona Masoori Rice in Instant Pot and the texture of the pulao was slightly mushy.Am still in the learning phase with IP. Based on the variety of Rice you use kindly adjust timings..
How to cook this Pulao without IP :
- Pressure cook 1.5 cups of Rice of your choice (White/Brown/Basmati or any variety based on preference)
- Prepare the Makhani Gravy with the ingredients mentioned below
- Let it boil for 10-12 minutes until the raw smell goes off
- Then mix the Rice with the Makhani masala
- The measurements given in the recipe serves two. Please adjust the quantity depending on the number of people you will be serving