I am huge fan of Big Nachos from Cream Center (Alwarpet). I got a readymade pack of Nachos chips and prepared the cheese sauce and tomato salsa. I used Go Cheese processed cubes for making the sauce. I am not sure how the result would be if you use mozzarella cheese or other cheese varieties. If you search in Google you will get loads of recipes for tomato salsa and sauce for Nachos. My version is less complicated and I did with the available ingredients at my home. You can definitely add your choice of ingredients to enhance the taste.
Ingredients for Sauce :
- Grated Cheese – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tbsp.
Ingredients for Salsa :
- Tomato – 4
- Onion – 1
- Green Capsicum – 1
- Sugar – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes/Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
- Dried Oregano Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil/Vegetable Oil – 1/2 tbsp.
Method of Preparation :
- I just baked Nachos chips in oven for about 3 minutes to get that extra crispiness
- Heat a frying pan and add grated cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt add milk and keep on stirring gently.
- Ensure no lumps are formed.
- With in 4-5 minutes you will get a creamy cheese sauce of pouring consistency.
- Remove from heat and season it with pepper powder. Keep it aside.
- Blanch tomatoes in water for about 5 minutes.
- Chop onions, capsicum and blanched tomatoes finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and first add onions.
- Sauté it for a minute and then add capsicums, tomatoes.
- Add chill flakes or chilli powder, salt and sugar.Let the whole mixture boil for about 5-7 minutes.
- Do not add water. Sprinkle oregano leaves and give it a mix.
- Once the salsa is cooled down add lime juice.
- You can serve salsa as a hot accompaniment or refrigerate it and can serve them too.
Assembling Nachos :
Spread Nachos on a plate.
Pour cheese evenly so that chips get coated with sauce.
Top it off with Salsa and enjoy your Nachos :-D.